To launch the blog I thought I would share my makes for the first couple months of 2017! I was a busy girl and had a lot of fun. I have so many great things planned for 2017 and hope the craziness of life is done getting in my way.
Without further delay here are my makes for the first two months of 2017.
- Sew Over It Pussy Bow Blouse
- Black Knit Circle Skirt-From Freehand Fashion Book-Chienelo Bally
- Kwik Sew K3554 (View A without the lace) Nightgown
- Butterick B5152 Robe(View B without lace and bell sleeves)
- Simplicity 1426 Ankara Halter Top
- Ankara Circle Skirt- From Freehand Fashion Book-Chienelo Bally
- Seamwork Jane Classic Tee
- McCalls M7476(View E) Long Sweater
- Self Drafted Boho Purse
- Floral Swoon Nora Bag
- To say I love the Pussy Bow Blouse from Sew Over It would be an understatement. As a professional women it is such an easy top to wear. It is a conservative cut that I like to play with and make it in a not so conservative print. I do want to make some more basic colors of this pattern soon as well. Stay tuned. There will be more!
- As I mentioned I want to add some basics to my wardrobe and a basic black circle skirt fit the bill. I used the Chienelo Bally’s book Freehand Fashion book circle skirt directions to make this one. I added a surprise red zipper that you can only see a hint of. It was born out of necessity because it was the only invisible zipper I had but I kind of love the little hint of color.
- This Kwik Sew Nightgown was a quick make from some damaged fabric I purchased off a clearance rack. I love the look and it is very comfortable. I look forward to wearing it during spring and summer. It is an easy make if you are looking for a good nightgown pattern.
- This robe is so romantic! I love retro robes. They beat those “note so cute” robes they sell in the stores. Those are either made for ladies that are about 100 years old or that are completely blind. This was a fairly easy make even though I must admit I was little nervous taking it on. I made View B but did not add the lace and kept the sleeves bell instead of adding the cuffs.
- I am a sucker for a cute halter top. I remember the cute little girl ones that my mom put me in. Things have not changed much. Some may wonder where in the world I am going to wear this. I can see myself working in my garden in this and some shorts or pair it with a long flowing white skirt and lay in the hammock with a cold drink this summer. Or I may pair it with the matching Ankara skirt and add a cute sweater over it so only a hint peaks out over the sweater. This was such an easy sew. I only had one mess up when I did not read the instructions carefully.
6. I love this Ankara print skirt! I made this using Chienelo Bally’s book Freehand Fashion circle skirt directions. Such an easy make once you get the basics of making these skirts down. I will be making several more. I think the siholotte looks good on my figure. If it doesn’t don’t tell me. 🙂
7. I am going to admit something. I hate tee shirts! I haven’t worn t-shirts in years. Probably 8 or 10 years. I don’t think they are very feminine. They don’t flatter the female form but I thought it was time for me to be more open minded about them and also if I make them I can customize it to my shape and I can also customize them. This is Jane from Seamwork was a quick and fun make. I still am not a t-shirt girl but this will be good to throw on when I need to.
8. Anyone that knows me knows one thing. I am always COLD! Yes I live in Texas and, yes, I am still always cold. In the winter I am cold and in the summer in Texas people turn the A/C up so much I freeze. I always have a sweater with me year round. I joke that I have to have my old lady sweater with me. 🙂 Well here is my latest. Such an easy make. I picked this sweater fabric up at Joann’s Fabrics and besides a bit of shedding it was perfect.
9. I have had a skirt for 5 years that I never wore. It was in my closet and had the tags on it. It was so cute with this faux suede fringe. So what is a girl to do? Cut up my brand new skirt of course! I made it into this super cute cross body boho bag. I love this thing. My sister does too. She tried to steal it. I compromised by agreeing to make her one if she sends me the fabric. I am working on editing the pattern and thinking about putting it out for you to purchase but I have work to do on it before it will be ready. If you are interested please comment below. This bag is fully lined, has a zipper pocket and two slip pockets. It is perfect for those summer concerts.
10. My Bag of the Month! Yes I am now obsessed with making bags. This was my fifth. This was the one I planned just for me. The boho one just happened. This one I searched high and low for the right fabric and hardware for a bag just for me. I love it!! This was my third Swoon pattern. If you have never made a Swoon bag I highly recommend them. Great directions. Let me know what you think of this bag. Do you love it? I do. I would change two things. The vinyl was not the best and rubbed off in parts and I wish I had done a pink lining rather the yellow. Other than that I LOVE IT!
I hope you enjoyed one of my very first posts! I enjoyed making it! Please leave comments and suggestions and check back often. New things are on the way.