There is a constant in Texas right now and until September…..heat and more heat! We tater in the 90’s and 100’s all summer long. I am very cold natured so for the most part I love it but even for me it can get miserable. This PJ set is a God send. I was able to test this pattern for Designer Stitch and it is great! Super quick make, easy directions and such a comfy, versitale outfit. You can keep it as a PJ or you can where it as a two piece jump or even just wear each piece with other things and it all works beautifully.
I made the set with a very thin and soft cotton in an aztec print. I switch the ruffle for lace because at 6′ it is hard for me to pull off ruffle. Other than that I made it just like the directions.
If you are interested check it out here. If you join the Facebook group you can even get it for free.
See you next time!
I participated in the Me Made May challenge this year. This challenge was started by blogger Zoe 8 years ago and it is great. Go to her website for all the details but it is basically a challenge to get you to wear your me made wardrobe the whole month of May. You can put a specific challenge to wear so many pieces of me made a day and also it is encouraged to make a certain amount of items per week or month during the challenge. You also post a picture each day to your favorite social media sites with yourself wearing the items. This year was my first year participating and while I have a lot of me made items it was harder than I thought but that was a good thing because it made me realize what was missing from my wardrobe and decide on what I need to fill those holes.
Here is my list of things I need to work on.
- Summer work clothes
- Good basics tops in neutral solid colors: black, blue, white tops
- Casual skirts
- Workout clothes
Make sure you are following me on Instagram for daily posts @lovelyforlife1
Here are some of my me made may outfits(Note I was on vacation so there are more casual outfits than normal:
I have a ton of sewing projects I have been stacking up as I finish my current projects so I wanted to share my planned makes for summer(in Texas). I sew mostly clothes but I have a few bags planned as well. I also am going to do a Pinterest Steal each time I do a planned sewing post. It will be a complete outfit I like from Pinterest that I will try to duplicate. It could be a work outfit or casual. I will do a separate post on those makes as well.
So lets see what I am planning….and eventually what I make. 🙂
- A sweater for my mom: McCall’s 7055 View D
- A cream dress:McCall’s 7593 View View D
- A…pj’s: Sew News Magazine June/July Issue Freebies
- A button down for my husband:McCall’s 7206 View A
- A tribal print dress:Vogue 9253 View B
- A….harem pant:McCall’s 7682 Out Of Print
- A blue floral dress:New Look 6491 View A
- A peach top and pant set: McCall’s 7606 View A and D
- A green guaze redo(I made this top years ago and will share my original make and this one in a future post):McCall’s 4453 Out of Print
- A pink floral top: Butterick 3970 Out Of Print
- A styled outfits: peplum tom and slim fit pants: Top, Vogue 9084 Pants, Burda 129B
- Two gift cross body bags: Vogue 7862 Out Of Print
- The Amy Butler Weekender Travel Bag: I will be using the old version but here it the link to the new version.